The construction of the perfect playlist is one of the most crucial aspects of preparing for a road trip (snacks coming in at top priority). Music selection sets the tone for the entire event you are travelling to attend and can get you in the right head space to get the most out of your experience.
I have always felt strongly about crafting the perfect soundtrack for any drive over 30 minutes in length to ensure that there is no station surfing or static which are two of my biggest pet peeves. Most people travel over 30 minutes to get to OYP each year so this year I wanted to save you all from the struggles of unknown music territory.
Here is my soundtrack to OYP 2016:
- We Don't Talk Anymore (feat. Selena Gomez) by Charlie Puth
- Sugar (feat. Francesco Yates) by Robin Schulz
- Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots
- My House by Flo Rida
- Lay It All On Me (feat. Ed Sheeran) by Rudimental
- Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
- Adventure of a Lifetime by Coldplay
- Hotline Bling by Drake
- Some Nights by fun.
- Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap
- Electric Feel by MGMT
- Lisztomania by Phoenix
- Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles
- When We Were Young by Adele
- Paradise By The Dashboard Light by Meat Loaf
While these 15 songs are not my complete playlist and will not get me all the way to Oshawa for parliament they are the basis for my soundtrack to OYP 2016. Take inspiration from this playlist and make your own. Make memories and craft the soundtrack to your OYP (but make sure you keep #15 on there, it'll be crucial to Sunday night festivities).
By Maggie Hutchinson